3D Image festival was held 20 to 24 October in Lodz, Poland.
The program was divided between screenings and lectures to audiences passionate, professionals and film students.
UP3D was a partner of the festival. Many films, stéréographiés or produced by our members were screened and two speakers intervened.
Thomas Villepoux talked about shooting 3D macro, Fabien Remblier showed the potential of the software for Stereoid Relief Correction.
After long deliberation the jury : Buzz Hays, Their Eric, Shannon Benna, Tom C. Hall, Ashia Popińska Wlodek et Popinski, the winning films were chosen from among the finalists (movies shown in italics were made by, ou avec des membres d'UP3D)
1. Feature: "Wickie and the treasure of gods", Stereographer Florian Maier
2. Short: "Forget me not", Stereographer Josephine Derobe
3. Feature Documentary: "Flight of the butterflies", Stereographer Simon de Glanville
4. Short Documentary: "Beyond the Games", stereographers: Carlo Sirtori, Cedric-Alexandre Saudinos
5. Animation: "Mr. Hublot", stereographer Yannick Folliard
6. Music Video: "Des Roar", stereographer Tom C. Hall
7. Experimental/others: "Now", stereographer Francis Hannemann
8. Stereo Sisters: "Forget me not", Stereographer Josephine Derobe
9. Special Artistic Director's Award: "Bloodrop", stereographers Florian Maier, Sarah Rotter
10. Grand Prix: "Flight of the butterflies", Stereographer Simon de Glanville
The festival was a great success and open promise for future editions will also partner with UP3D.